Sunday, January 4, 2009

Daggers in Mens smiles post

People sometimes smile to deceive you, when they really mean to attack you. The smile is then a sign of betrayal. Since Donalbain says this line, after his father's death, it means he distrusts Macbeth's show of mourning/ sympathy. I have encountered many situations related to the quote “There are daggers in men’s similes”. One that I can remember quite well was when me and my friends were playing video games against each other, It was a cold wintry day outside so there wasn’t much to do, anyways I got up to go to the bathroom, leaving my controller in their reach, which I should of never done. As I was walking back I realized they probably did something to my guy or messed around with him so I knew laving my controller by them wasn’t such a good idea. When I got back they looked at me with daggers in there smiles, and that’s when I knew that they did something to my guy. I slowly walked over to my controller knowing that they messed around with my guy and betrayed me so I prepared for the worst. When I un paused my menu I could see that they had killed me over 50 times giving me negative points. I looked over at them once again and they still had that smile on their faces. I was filled with anger and disgust so I reacted to the situation by just quitting the game making them angry, because we then had to start all over.

5 comments:

  1. Wow J-dad I see where you're coming from, I've been there before. I hate when this happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaming can get outright mean-spirited, can't it? We played in college, and it can be a malicious, evil situation when you leave the room! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should try to make the most of it and laugh it off, I mean it's just a game right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha i'm guessing that was Aaron. Next time just chuck the controller at the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha j-dad... I break controllers all the time. Especially Aarons, luckly he got a new one.

    ReplyDelete